[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Christian Theune ct@gocept.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 21:32:38 +0200

--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+

* Lalo Martins <lalo@laranja.org> [021008 01:45]:

> > > Additionally, most developers have little to no interest in commentin=
g other
> > > people's ideas before there is some code to test.
> >=20
> > I don't think this is true, either.
>=20
> But history shows it is. Most projects that get a great volume of comments
> actually take longer to get implemented because we lose ourselves in chat.

And which of those are *better*?

Also I really didn't like documenting every step since 1 or 2 projects
ago, but if you reach a certain size, you can't live without that. As I
referenced in another mail, we have to deal with the problem, that one
needs to be able to follow the steps that led to a specific solution and
that document interfaces and dependencies.

Cheers
Christian

--=20
Christian Theune - ct@gocept.com
gocept gmbh & co.kg - schalaunische strasse 6 - 06366 koethen/anhalt
tel.+49 3641 511586 - fax.+49 3496 3099118 - mob. +49 179 7808366

reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,[chr(ord(x)^42) for x in 'zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b'])

--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+

--gDGSpKKIBgtShtf+--