[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Tom Deprez tom@aragne.com
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 12:04:40 +0200

>> Have you noticed how Zope3 development has slowed down a bit?

Probably also because some of the people who worked on some sub-projects of
Zope3 need to work on other projects too.
Or people who promised to help haven't done much yet, and to my regret I've
to admit that I'm one of those, so on this one I can speak for myself. After
the EuroPython conference I promised Jim to help on some general tasks,
unfortunately till now I didn't had the time to do much, which is a shame
and I excuse me for that.
But I think that's a general problem. ie My professional life isn't Zope
alone and that means I've to split my time on several fields, which means
less time to invest in new versions. I'm also not allowed to put time into
such projects during my work, so this means I've to do it during free time,
which has been 'zero', 'zip', 'nothing' the last months.
I think this is a general problem for projects like this. But aside that,
I'm still following this project, at the moment from a sideline, but I hope
it I can jump into it as well.

Regards,
Tom.