[Zope3-dev] Development methodology (Re: [Zope-CMF] Future CMF) (rant)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 09 Oct 2002 21:49:23 +0100

R. David Murray wrote:
> True, but the more documentation we have when we *do* get to that
> point the faster those additional contributions will come in.  And
> despite the doc requirements you bemoan, Zope3 is *not* documented
> well enough yet (IMO).

Totally agreed.

Probably the main reason I've made no real Zop 3 contributions of late is that
it's too difficult to get into. I think this is due to lack of documentation.

That said, I'm not sure long and convoluted proposals (which I never have time
to read properly ;-) help either.

What I really need is a 'beginners guide for potential developers' showing me
the overall shape of the thing so I know where to best pitch in.

It's be nice if I knew where and how to document Zope 3 too. Maybe we need a CMS
for that? Dogfood eating anyone? (Just as long as it doesn't end up like
cmf.zope.org, please god!)

cheers,

Chris