[Zope3-dev] [Zip]Re: About Zope3 HTTP-input handling

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:42:56 -0400

Heiichiro NAKAMURA wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:17:18 -0400
> Jim Fulton <jim@zope.com> wrote:
>>It would be great if you and/or some of the other folks here
>>could work up a Zope 3 proposal for how to address these issues.
>
> I don't know if it is comprehensive/appropriate, but
> I just typed-in what in my head about I18N/M17N in:
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Members/nheiich/drafts/z3_i18n_d1
>
> This is really the draft and incomplete, I even didn't read it
> to error-check yet, just reminder.
>
> I would appreciate any feedback, anything - bad assumptions,
> bad English, comprehensiveness problems - any.

Wow, this is very well written, IMHO.  Minor errors aside, it provides
an excellent overview of how to deal with character set encoding in HTTP.

It sounds like what you're saying is that all HTTP input and output
should be processed through a "Locale" service, and that there can be
different locale services in different contexts.  The locale service
would perform all the work of reading and setting the HTTP headers.

I could definitely agree with that.  What do others think?

Shane