[Zope3-dev] [Zip]Re: About Zope3 HTTP-input handling

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:32:49 -0700

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:08:34 -0700
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com> wrote:

> I just typed-in what in my head about I18N/M17N in:
>
> http://dev.zope.org/Members/nheiich/drafts/z3_i18n_d1

After then I tried to find what is the realistic milestones.
(I put it there, it's incomplete though.)
http://www.zope.org/Members/nheiich/drafts/draft_milestones

I also write some pseudo code to describe the idea, just FYI:
http://www.zope.org/Members/nheiich/drafts/loc_pseudoCode_py

Anyway,
while I'm trying to implement a mock-up prototype to investigate
feasibility, I encountered the following problem:

Does anyone know any clue for it?

It shouldn't very hard to acquire the "Locale" object from
the published object and convert the output in HTTPResponse
to appropriate to text encoded data, since everything required
to do so is already there (authentication, access right, the published
 object, etc).

However, I couldn't convert HTTP-Input-data with "Locale" object
because the HTTP-Input-data (HTTPRequest) is parsed first
in ZPublisher/Publish.py#publish()::

        request.processInputs()

then get the published object::

        object=request.traverse(path, validated_hook=validated_hook)

What I wanted to do is:

 1. get the published object
 2. locate and acquire the nearest "Locale" Object from the published object
 3. parse input data with locale object (request.processInputs())

Regards,
---
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com>