[Zope3-dev] Inaugural Zope 3 Mini-Newsletter

maxm maxm@mxm.dk
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 21:30:49 +0200

Gary Poster wrote:
> WELCOME TO THE ZOPE 3 MINI-NEWSLETTER

> GARY POSTER: New Placeful ObjectHub, Relation Manager Proposal
>
>   I am particularly excited about
>   the Relation Manager--thanks to Andy Bulka for pointing out his
>   pattern and discussions at http://www.atug.com/andypatterns/RM.htm

I don't know if you are aware of mxmRelations which is allready working.
  It is at http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/productList/mxmRelations and
takes a slightly different approach that has a few advantages over the
approach Andy describes.

Mainly that the relationtype is not defined when doing the relation, but
by the object holding the relation, like in the following example:

mxmRelations:

relations.student_class.relate(self, classes)

Andys:

student_class = 42
relations.relate(self, classes, student_class)

regards Max M