[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope] Zope 3

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 11:02:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, zope wrote:
>  and its envisioned multi-faceted capabilities .  Is there some sort
>  of documentation where I can read about all the features included in
>  Zope 3?  So that I may read up about it and write an article for our

Nope.  Zope3 is still a Work In Progress.  There is, howwever, lots
of information lying around in more and less loosely organized format.
The front door is

    http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FrontPage

>  News Letter.  Also is there a downloadable version that I can
>  download on to a Mandrake-Linux 8.2 machine and install so that I
>  can also do some testing .I had sent a mail to zope@zope.org

Sort of.  You can check out the current code from CVS.  See

    http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/SettingUpAZope3Sandbox

Keep in mind that we are still pre-Alpha.  Jim is shooting for the
end of the year for the Alpha, so a bunch of basic stuff should
start firming up in the near future (like a roadmap of what we
need to get done before the Alpha).

Of course, he's going to need help hitting that target....<wry grin>.

--RDM