[Zope3-dev] [Zip]Re: About Zope3 HTTP-input handling

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:47:40 -0700

Hi Tino,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:50:42 +0200
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> wrote:

> Sure. Sure. But the design should not force a way to do it.
> I have success for some years now with the overlay language
> system. Others may require a solution like you wanted.
> The point is - if you enable the system I propose, you can
> serve both. Your requirements (only one variant per subpath)
> is actually a subset of my requirement (more then one variant
> per subpath).

I guess what I was thinking shouldn't be so different from
your idea (my whole basic idea was described in:

http://dev.zope.org/Members/nheiich/drafts/z3_i18n_d1
)
which is covering your language-negotiation in fact. What I wanted
is the flexibility, so I have no intension to force a way, so
 > Sure. Sure. But the design should not force a way to do it.
is exactly what I want to avoid (avoid to force a way).

The idea of (Static language, Static-encoding ) is just a starting
point of implementation I thought to begin with (since it's the easiest
to implement a prototype). I don't warry too much about from which
we should implement.

Regards,
---
Heiichiro NAKAMURA <nheiich@quantumfusion.com>