[Zope3-dev] [Zip]Re: About Zope3 HTTP-input handling

Heiichiro NAKAMURA nheiich@quantumfusion.com
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:47:07 -0700

Hi Tino,

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 00:50:42 +0200
Tino Wildenhain <tino@wildenhain.de> wrote:

> users by their business data. Again, the content schould be provided
> in different languages per business region, if possible.

It seems the ISO-8859-1 text-encoding covers many countries.

I guess I was not very aware of how much valuable the language-negotiation
feature is (especially in Europe). I think you are the expert in this
regard.

If you don't mind, would you tell us your experience in
building the multilingual site more? I guess your knowledge
is very valuable for Zope's I18N.
For instance, I'm very interested in

Assume building one ecommerce site,
  Typically how many languages are supported in the site.
  Typically how many countries are covered in the site.
  etc.

How about ISO-8859-2? I guess it is another popular encoding.
Have you encounter any problem on supporting ISO-8859-1 and
ISO-8859-2 simultaneously?
etc...

Regards,
---