[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/OFS/Services/SmtpService/Views - __init__.py:1.1 configure.zcml:1.1

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 25 Oct 2002 18:13:46 +0000

Florent Guillaume wrote:

> Speaking of SMTP, I'm not too happy about the implementation just
> checked in. It's not very clean, there are no docstrings, it won't
> support Unicode strings and encode them as needed, it doesn't use string
> methods as Kapil noticed, it doesn't use isinstance, the interface is
> ISMTPService whereas the module is SmtpService, there are no unit tests,
> even $Id: doesn't have a closing $...
>
> Ok, ok, I'm whining and not writing that code, but still it had to be
> said.

The main problem is that there are no unit tests.

If there were unit tests, another developer could come in and fix the
other problems.

As it is, a developer cannot do that because they won't know whether
they have broken anything while trying to fix problems.

--
Steve Alexander