[Zope3-dev] Protocol support was [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/lib/python/Zope/App/OFS/Services/SmtpService/Views - __init__.py:1.1 configure.zcml:1.1

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
29 Oct 2002 11:21:33 +0800

Hi Guido

Actually I have yet to play with Twisted.

Actually my desire to utilise new protocols came from
some of the research I am doing (paid for, not personal) into
community frameworks.

One of things we would like to achieve is provide many different
access channels into an online community, where the line
between content access, messaging etc.. start to blur.

And zope as an application server rather than content server
actually provides a pretty good platform for playing around with this
sort of stuff.

Personally I have thought that Zope could be a really good mud/moo
platform. ie build the objects TTW, but interact through other protocols
such as telnet/jabber ....

I suppose that all the talk of "not" making Zope3 CMF specific but
rather it is an application server, that one can build CMF's on,
makes me think we shouldn't limit the scope of applications or
for that matter how one can access them.

Regards

Tim