[Zope3-dev] 10x growth for Zope? Never without docs

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:50:45 -0800

> Now you need to concentrate on providing details about Zope for the many
more content-oriented Web site makers
> who are not and have not full-time programmers / developers.  These
potential users just want to make Web sites.
> Zope could enable that.  Zope cannot enable that without good
documentation.

I think you are mixing roles there about whom Zope is aimed at. Zope's
audience is no longer really aimed at content oriented Web site makers. It
was but its now aimed at programmers and developers. Quite frankly if your
aim is the above you should thing about using the CMF or Plone.

Thanks to many people Zope documentation has vastly improved from where it
was a year ago. We have a very good, detailed and up to date Zope Book on
line, we have several dead tree books and lots of (not all up to date
how-tos).

My only real problem is organisation of it, but until Zope.org gets redone,
I dont think there much point flogging that horse. And again who does the
organisation, me, you?
--
  Andy McKay
  www.agmweb.ca