[Zope3-dev] Making a JobBoardEditView, issues

Jim Fulton jim@zope.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:23:57 -0400

R. David Murray wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Jeffrey P Shell wrote:
>
>>That's a question I was thinking about raising, but I don't know enough
>>about any magic or special reasoning behind having 'ZopeProducts' be a
>>specific directory.  I actually have mine in the root of my Zope 3 tree
>>instead of in ${zope3}/lib/python, and it seems to work fine (after
>>adding the __init__.py of course).
>

> My understanding is that the only magic is that the name ZopeProducts
> is special in that any ZopeProducts packages found in your pythonpath can
> have Products in them.  Otherwise they are normal Python package directories.

Right. The thought is that it will make things a little easier for site admins
as there will be a standard place to look for Zope add-on products.

Note that we will probably arrange to allow multiple ZopeProducts
directories to be knit together into a single package. That is, the
ZopeProducts package path will include all of the ZopeProducts directories
found in the Python path, in the same order.

We will probably also do this for the Zope package.