[Zope3-dev] Making a JobBoardEditView, issues

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:45:45 -0400

> > My understanding is that the only magic is that the name ZopeProducts
> > is special in that any ZopeProducts packages found in your
> pythonpath can
> > have Products in them.  Otherwise they are normal Python
> package directories.
>
> Right. The thought is that it will make things a little easier
> for site admins
> as there will be a standard place to look for Zope add-on products.
>
> Note that we will probably arrange to allow multiple ZopeProducts
> directories to be knit together into a single package. That is, the
> ZopeProducts package path will include all of the ZopeProducts directories
> found in the Python path, in the same order.
>
> We will probably also do this for the Zope package.

Pardon me if this has been discussed and I missed it - is now the
time to revisit the naming issue WRT "products"? I seem to recall
there was some general agreement forming here some time ago that
we'd like to ditch that name, but I'm fuzzy on the details.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com