[Zope3-dev] Back to Job editing

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 11:42:30 -0400

> If JobListEx went through the normal Zope3 object adding mechanism
> to add a Job to a JobList, then this capability would exist, and
> you'd just need to change some zcml.  I think when JobListEx was
> first coded the creation stuff didn't exist, but I thought Gary had
> modified it to use it.  I haven't looked at the code yet, though,
> so I'm just speaking from imperfect memory of mailing list postings
> and commit messages.

Jim & I decided to throw away Gary's changes to JobBoardEx because Jim
thought it wasn't right to use that mechanism there.  I'm hoping to
catch up on this thread after I dig myself out of a serious email and
other backlog.  Last time it took me a long time to understand all the
changes that others had made to the code; please don't just start
making checkins.  I *am* committed to keeping this example up-to-date,
but I can use help in the form of feedback.