[Zope3-dev] Proposal for file-system synchronization in Zope3

Deb Hazarika dhazarika@zeomega.com
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:05:20 +0530

>As mentioned in the proposal, I created a throw away prototype of the
system
>with basic checkout and checkin

When can i find this prototype?

Well, Certain things about this system i wd like to ask :

It is clear that the user is going to perform the checkout and checkin etc..
operations
through some command line tools. Now here  the question arise
Is the user going to perform the checkout and checkin etc..operations on the
ZOPEDB
as an anonymous user or he has to do a login ( like a cvs login ) ?

Well at this point i am looking into the principal.zcml file as the passwd
file
under the CVSROOT folder of any CVS Repository.

If that's the case then we will have to look into something like a CVSROOT
which can be taken as a command line argument by the checkout and checkin
etc.. tools
and provide him a login prompt and authenticate him.

Like for example we can authenticate a user to a CVS Repository with the
following codes.

============
from socket import *
h='myserver'
p=2401
s = socket(AF_INET, SOCK_STREAM)
s.connect(h,p)
x=s.send("BEGIN AUTH REQUEST \n /usr/local/mycvsroot \n user \n
scrumbledpassword \n END AUTH REQUEST \n")
data=s.recv(1024)
s.close()

============

Another Question that i have in mind is will the zope security assertions
impose
anything on the Zope Object after being downloaded to the Local File system.
Will it affect on it's accessiblity in any way.

I beleive it should impose only when he tries to perform some cvs like
commands
for eg : Check in. where he tries to interact with the ZOPEDB.
And it makes sense if he is logged in to zope as mentioned above to perform
the
checkin operations.

Lastly i would look forward on the representation of zope objects on the
filesystem.
This URL says something
http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/RepresentingObjectsOnTheFilesys
tem