[Zope3-dev] Re: reST, mechamisms? (was Re: Z3 documentation)

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 11:08:03 -0800

(this never went through, sorry if you see two)

+1 to most of Stephan's points (hey, we both came out of ZDP)

Jeffrey P Shell <jeffrey@cuemedia.com> writes:
> And while narrative documentation is being developed in the Wiki right
> now, there are plans to move it to files/CVS at some point before final
> release, right?  I think it's important to tag and release documentation
> in near-sync with shipping code.  I think it's great that I can travel
> back in time to Python 1.6 documentation on the rare cases I still need

Agreed. This is what I've ended up doing with the core zwiki documentation
pages (a very small subset..). The master copies are maintained on the
wiki and at each release I merge changes into the filesystem copy which
gets checked into cvs. This is tedious right now but worthwhile..