[Zope3-dev] Number of languages in Zope 3

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 18:53:27 +0200

Garrett Smith wrote:
>>From: Steve Alexander
>>
>>Yes, except boolean logic. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that.
>

> I'm thinking of 'test', which seem to be used a lot in TALES. (Maybe
> that's bad.)

In Zope 2, you can use the function 'test' in a python expression in a
page template.

             somecondition, 'was true', 'was not true')" />

This is not present in the Zope 3 version. There is some debate as to
whether it should be supported in Zope 3 or not.

There was some discussion of a variety of possible syntaxes for
conditional expressions in TALES. I don't think there was any consensus.
It would be nice if it were easier to express simple conditionals in TALES.

--
Steve Alexander