[Zope3-dev] Number of languages in Zope 3

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:18:43 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:

>> In what circumstances is a system administrator likely to bethe first
>> person in an oganisation who wants to install Zope and start
>> developing in it?
>
> What a silly question.

There's no need to be rude, Steve ;-)

> Of course a system administrator, as described in
> my reply above, will not want to install Zope *and* start developing.

I hypothesise that most situations where Zope comes into play are ones
where a user-type person downloads it, installs it and runs it. There's
no sysadmin in that equation, so that user-type person will need to know
all the config languages as well as the development languages.

>> What templates do you have that use nothing but plain path expressions
>> or string expressions?
>
> Almost all of them.
> Adding code into templates makes for less maintainable templates.

How do you build your presentation logic then?

cheers,

Chris