[Zope3-dev] File is corrupt error for wiki.mo

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
16 Apr 2003 09:01:50 -0400

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 07:21, Chris Withers wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
> > I don't know if it's because I'm running Windows, or have missed some
> > setting in CVS, but I'm getting this when running Zope 3 with ZWiki
> > installed:

> >   File "...\Zope3\src\zopeproducts\zwiki\configure.zcml", line 240,
> > column 2
> > IOError:
> >   [Errno 0] File is corrupt:
> > '...\\Zope3\\src\\zopeproducts\\zwiki\\locales\\de\\LC_MESSAGES\\wiki.mo
>
> My checkout doesn't have a zopeproducts package.
>
> Where did you get it from?
>
> My gut reaction would be that wiki.mo is a binary file that was checked into CVS
> as a text file...

I thought '.mo' files were "derived objects", like ".pyc" and ".o"
files, and hence should not be checked in at all, but rather built.
Garret, can you try moving the file aside, and then re-building the file
with 'msgfmt'?  (Hmm, that utility may not be available on Windows,
except under cygwin).

If it must be checked in, then Chris is right:  it should be marked as
binary.

Tres.