[Zope3-dev] File is corrupt error for wiki.mo

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
16 Apr 2003 10:15:28 -0400

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 09:01, Tres Seaver wrote:

> I thought '.mo' files were "derived objects", like ".pyc" and ".o"
> files, and hence should not be checked in at all, but rather built.
> Garret, can you try moving the file aside, and then re-building the file
> with 'msgfmt'?  (Hmm, that utility may not be available on Windows,
> except under cygwin).

Python's Tools/i18n directory has a pure-Python msgfmt script, although
I don't know whether that gets installed on a Windows box or not (I
don't think it does on *nix).

I plan on working on i18n a bit more today so I'll put .mo file
compilation on the list.  This will increase build times though.

-Barry