[Zope3-dev] File is corrupt error for wiki.mo

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:05:09 -0400

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 07:21, Chris Withers wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
> > I don't know if it's because I'm running Windows, or have missed some
> > setting in CVS, but I'm getting this when running Zope 3 with ZWiki
> > installed:

> >   File "...\Zope3\src\zopeproducts\zwiki\configure.zcml", line 240,
> > column 2
> > IOError:
> >   [Errno 0] File is corrupt:
> > '...\\Zope3\\src\\zopeproducts\\zwiki\\locales\\de\\LC_MESSAGES\\wiki.mo
>
> My checkout doesn't have a zopeproducts package.
>
> Where did you get it from?
>
> My gut reaction would be that wiki.mo is a binary file that was checked
> into CVS as a text file...

Darn .mo files! Right, they should be binaries. And yes, Tres is right, just
use msgfmt to create a new .mo file from the .po. BTW, I describe how this is
done in part 3 of the I18N.txt file in the zwiki product.

I think Jim is totally right; we should have a Python tool that generates mo
files from po files. I think the code for this is already written, we just
have to hook it up to the build mechanism.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter