[Zope3-dev] File is corrupt error for wiki.mo

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
16 Apr 2003 11:36:38 -0400

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:49, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2003 10:15, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> > I plan on working on i18n a bit more today so I'll put .mo file
> > compilation on the list.  This will increase build times though.
>
> I rather take that cost than having compatibility issues and unnecessary .mo
> files.
>
> Thanks a lot for checking into that!

Stephan knows I don't totally agree about the no-mo-in-cvs rule, but I'm
willing to go along. :)

One thing I checked into the job board was the locales/jobboard.pot
file, which I definitely think should be included in any i18n product.
This is the file that new language translators will start from to create
their catalog.

I'm also going to update the extract.py script to make it easy to run
over an i18n'd product/directory, generate the domain.pot file and
msgmerge it into any xx/LC_MESSAGES/domain.po file, for language xx.

-Barry