[Zope3-dev] Re: MessageID as rocks?

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:44:16 +0200

> It's tempting to extend test.py with ZConfig so that you can write a
> configuration file for a specific set of tests.  Then it should be easy
> to run the tests needed before a zope checkin, whatever those tests
> happen to be and however you would spell them on the command line.

I am afraid that test.py has slowly become a "big hack".
I have been trying to modify it in order to avoid walking the directory
tree as it is very slow on Cygwin installation.

I have not been able to succeed till now to add an option which would
allow to run tests in a specified directory only. I will still try it
again ;-)

IOW I think if we want to add things like ZConfig, it may be worth to
think of rewriting it completely together with a test suite.

--
Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl
rue Victor Horta, 18 / 202