[Zope3-dev] wiki editing slowness

R. David Murray rdmurray+dated+1051377095.54aa74@bitdance.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 13:11:29 -0400 (EDT)

I'm way behind in my mailing list reading, but I didn't see this
topic still active when I just scanned the list, and an idea
has just occured to me.

I believe that it is the case that the wiki editing slowness (the
save slowness) is due to the way the email-to-subcribers code works
in the current zope.org wiki.  I also have a suspicion that most
of the people subscribed are subscribed at the root of the z3 wiki,
rather than to individual pages.  So it seems to me that we could
probably speed up the save operations by several factors if we
created a mailing list that anyone interested in "all" z3 wiki
traffic could subcribe to, and subcribe that list to the wiki root,
removing the individual subscribers from the root.

--RDM