[Zope3-dev] Re: wiki editing slowness

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 15:45:10 -0700

"R. David Murray" <rdmurray+dated+1051377095.54aa74@bitdance.com> writes:
> I believe that it is the case that the wiki editing slowness (the
> save slowness) is due to the way the email-to-subcribers code works
> in the current zope.org wiki.  I also have a suspicion that most

You're right, that must be a factor.

> probably speed up the save operations by several factors if we
> created a mailing list that anyone interested in "all" z3 wiki
> traffic could subcribe to, and subcribe that list to the wiki root,

That would be great. I did this with zwiki.org, and it's been working well
(just need to tweak it to keep spam out, now). As you say, Zwiki only
needs to deliver to one subscriber, then Mailman takes it from there.
MM's reliability, topics, digests etc. come in handy.