[Zope3-dev] MailHost

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:55:39 +0200

> Is asynchronous sending really necessary?

Yes.
Although, sending mail only on a successfully completed transaction is
more important.

> Another thing I think is useful is some kind of logging of send and/or
> failed messages to the filesystem. Sometimes the customer has high
> interest in the platform generated mails and it's a lot of a hassle to
> configure it in the MTA like sendmail or postfix.

You could do this using a system similar to the z3checkins product, and
have Zope parse bounce messages for an id that would link the bounce
message back to the application event that caused the original message
to be sent.

This could be written and generalised as a MailBounce Service.

--
Steve Alexander