[Zope3-dev] Discussion: Configuration vs. Configuration

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 07:38:51 -0400

> > At the sprint, the we were drifting towards calling it
> > "connecting" / "connections" -
>  > this describes quite well what is going on,
>  > and has the added bonus of starting with a 'C',
>  > as in "Zope Connections Markup Language."
>
> ...I'm pretty sure we also agreed that the 'M' needed to be dropped
> as ZCML isn't marking anything up...

IMO the only thing really pleading for "connections" was that we
didn't have to change the .zcml file extensions.  If those have to be
changed anyway I'd say let's look harder.  Did anyone even consider
"registration" in the poll/discussion at the UK sprint?

OTOH I don't mind if ZCML is called Zope Configuration Markup Language
and yet the kind of configuration I'm talking about is renamed to
something else; ZCML is about a lot more than that, and from 30,000
feet high it *is* a kind of configuration (of the whole system, not of
the individual components).

I still like "registration" best...