[Zope3-dev] Discussion: Configuration vs. Configuration

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:58:37 -0400

> > > Inactive:  -  o--
> > > Active:    -o--
> > >
> > > We also discussed variations on wires, pipes and light switches.
> >
> > I believe that getting too literal with the icons and metaphors is a
> > bad idea.
>
> Why?  Do you dislike the use of a trash can icon for "delete"?

No, although I've seen bad usages of that too: SF uses a trash can to
represent a project developer, and a trash can with a red cross
through it to represent a project admin.  Try to understand that one! :-)

> Or is this not what you mean?

I think I was mostly objecting against the image of "connections" that
all those metaphors suggest.