[Zope3-dev] Discussion: Configuration vs. Configuration

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:03:23 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:
>>Why?  Do you dislike the use of a trash can icon for "delete"?
>
> No, although I've seen bad usages of that too: SF uses a trash can to
> represent a project developer, and a trash can with a red cross
> through it to represent a project admin.  Try to understand that one! :-)

You generally get it when you click on one of your developers ;-)

That said, the icon is to the right of the name, which does hint that it does
something to the user rather than is a representation of a user....

> I think I was mostly objecting against the image of "connections" that
> all those metaphors suggest.

What disturbs you about those metaphors and the image of "connections"?

cheers,

Chris