[Zope3-dev] TTW Roles Granting

Stephan Richter stephan.richter@tufts.edu
Fri, 1 Aug 2003 08:32:23 -0400

Hello everyone,

some of you complained that they could not edit Bugs in the new Bug Tracker on
www.zope3.org. Well, I figured out what is wrong with this. I tested all my
code with ZCML declared users, roles and grants and it works all fine for
these users. But if I declare users TTW and try to grant roles TTW, I get all
sorts of ForbiddenAttribute, Key and Unauthorized Errors. (Thanks to Garrett
for reporting this.)

Does anyone have a clue why this is not working or how I could best debug
this?

BTW, you can easily reproduce the error. Download the bugtracker, create a
user with ZCML that has all of the roles (BugUser, BugEditor and BugAdmin).
Test the bug tracker. You will see you can go to everything as expected
(specifically to the bug overview). Then create a principal TTW using the
Pluggable Authentication Service. After you create the user, go to the
'Grant' screen and assign the above mentioned roles to him. Login with the
TTW principal and try to view a bug; it will fail!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter