[Zope3-dev] Context and Component Lookup

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Thu Aug 14 15:52:49 EDT 2003

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 09:26:34AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:

> This discussion has become pointless.

(snip)

OK, I don't want to prolong this, I'm just trying to understand
the discussion.
Speaking for myself (a zope 2 scripting monkey and occasional
struggling zope 3 sprinter), I've found specific examples very
helpful for following the discussion. E.g. Martijn's catalog example
finally illuminated his side of the argument for me.

But I still don't think I understand the opposing POV, because I
can't think of an example:

> - Not all objects track context.  When these objects access the component
>   architecture, the results they get should reflect site-specific
>   customizations.

Do you have examples of such objects in mind?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com