[Zope3-dev] Realistic Zope 3 roadmap ?

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Thu Dec 4 10:34:55 EST 2003

| Secondly, there are some first projects that use Zope 3 and they are doing
| just fine (maybe Sidnei, Alan, Marius, Albert or Steve should comment here in
| detail). Once you are into Zope 3, it is fairly easy to stay up-to-date,
| thanks due to good communication, proposals and detailed checkin-messages.

Yes, it's been a lot of fun developing with Zope 3, which I've been
doing since mid-July. There have been a few *geddons, and they were
all for good: the code complexity was reduced by 5-10% in the last
geddons. Also, in our project we have minimal dependency on ZODB,
which made it easier when there are non-backward-compatible changes.

As long as you can throw your ZODB away once in a while and recreate
from scratch, its advisable to start working with Zope 3 ASAP!

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true