[Zope3-dev] JSR 168, WSRP et al

Paul Browning paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 13:19:58 EST 2003

This is an interesting question. Especially for zope-edu-ers who
might have spotted news of the SAKAI announcement. Some links
to this from the top of:

<http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/projects/portal/portalbytes>

Paul

--On 05 December 2003 09:42 -0500 Yves Moisan <ymoisan at smnetcom.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As this is the only Z3 list that I know of, I'll post this message
> here even though it's off topic.  I was reading the oher day about
> portal specs and I was wondering if the component architecture of Z3
> was "akin" (or similar, competing, eventually compatible, not at all
> related ... ?) to things like JSR 168 or WSRP?  Or is it Java
> community acronyms?
>
> In a recent article in Web Services Journal
> http://sys-con.com/webservices/articleprint.cfm?id=731, Alec Graziano
> says "... how good is this vendor's support for emerging portal and
> Web services standards" amongst considerations w/r to choosing a
> portal framework or application server to develop with.  I was
> wondering if that applied to Zope.

 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/