[Zope3-dev] wiki mail-out fixed (Re: Collector Item 241)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Wed Dec 10 23:40:44 EST 2003

Hi Stephan, all,

sorry for the tests. Unbeknownst to me the imeme mail server was dying
or under attack at just the wrong time, which complicated my life no end..

I replied on the issue page a while back, but I've just understood that
we are receiving no mail from the zope 3 wiki at all; and that I have
the access to fix it. So I've set up the necessary folder properties.

Notes:

- it's sending out comments only. If you want all edits change the
mailout_policy folder property to "edits"

- mail-outs appear to come from "username <zope3-dev at zope.org>", because
zwiki isn't smart enough to look up member email addresses in this situation

- mail-in to the wiki is not configured; replies to mail-outs will be
directed to this list

- to cc all mail-outs to the list, just delete the 'mail_to' folder
property. In that case there'd be no need to subscribe to the wiki to
receive the comments, list membership would be enough. This seems like a
good thing to do, unless you change the mailout policy to all edits in
which case it might be a bit too verbose.

Best regards,
-Simon