[Zope3-dev] wiki mail-out fixed (Re: Collector Item 241)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Dec 12 16:16:42 EST 2003

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 23:40, Simon Michael wrote:
> sorry for the tests. Unbeknownst to me the imeme mail server was dying
> or under attack at just the wrong time, which complicated my life no end..

No problem.

> I replied on the issue page a while back, but I've just understood that
> we are receiving no mail from the zope 3 wiki at all; and that I have
> the access to fix it. So I've set up the necessary folder properties.

Yipeee!

> - it's sending out comments only. If you want all edits change the
> mailout_policy folder property to "edits"

Thanks so much! This is already a great help; now I can keep track of people
testing their Zope.org account in the Wikis!

Can we get new creation and updating working as well? Pretty please! :-)

> - mail-outs appear to come from "username <zope3-dev at zope.org>", because
> zwiki isn't smart enough to look up member email addresses in this
> situation

Good enough for me.

> - mail-in to the wiki is not configured; replies to mail-outs will be
> directed to this list

I think it is not needed.

> - to cc all mail-outs to the list, just delete the 'mail_to' folder
> property. In that case there'd be no need to subscribe to the wiki to
> receive the comments, list membership would be enough. This seems like a
> good thing to do, unless you change the mailout policy to all edits in
> which case it might be a bit too verbose.

Yeah, what do other people think about that? It might distract from other
traffic, as some Wiki reworkings could generate a lot of mail; but I have
nothing against it.

Simon, while we are at it; would it be possible to have the user and date/time
of the last modification on the page again? This used to be incredibly useful
meta-data.

Also, the history display at the moment is useless. I cannot even see who
modified at what time the Wiki Page. There are only comments, which most
people do not even enter.

Thank you so very much for looking into this!

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter