[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] CVS: Zope3/src/zope/products - __init__.py:1.1

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Dec 15 08:10:00 EST 2003

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> >Added a products folder for standard products that get refactored when
> >Zope is.
>

> Can be we please make a zope.examples too? I think it's good to keep the
> two apart.

I agree. 'hello' and 'jobboard' should go into zope.examples.

> I'm fine with lots of stuff in zope.examples, but I'm not so sure about
> zope.products. I feel the aim should be to maintain and ship products
> independently from the zope core as much as possible. zope.products
> (with examples not included) is a weird limbo status by definition; it's *not*
> zope core, but it'll always be there.. And who decides what's going to
> be in it?

Well, I think Jim's proposal ("Packaging") made it clear and I agree
with flattening the package hierarchy, especially in zope.app.

I'm not so sure about the name 'zope.products', though. It could confuse
Zope2 developers and make them think that they should put their own
filesystem products in there. The word "product" has an extremely
overloaded connotation in the Zope2 world, anyway. How about
'zope.packages'?

Philipp