[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 Developers Cookbook [progress update]

Werner Schiendl ws-news at gmx.at
Tue Dec 16 13:59:15 EST 2003

Hi,

[Garrett]
> Has anyone used the more recent versions of OpenOffice to generate
> DocBook files? I know older versions had some support but it was weak.
>
> Stephan, it sounds like you strongly prefer a plain text editing
> option...would making a tool like OpenOffice (assuming it would work) be
> too steep a requirement?

I did not use OpenOffice, but XMLmind XML Editor.

It can be used for free and comes with *excellent* support for DocBook XML.
(this includes tables support, collapsable sections in the editor and
modular documents)

Although it is not open source, it comes with a very liberal licence.

And it is implemented in Java and should therefore run on multiple platforms
(Windows, Linux and MacOS X are explicitely listed)

see http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/

for more information.

hth

Werner