[Zope3-dev] Speed kills

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Dec 17 04:23:21 EST 2003

Lately, there have been several occasions where code was checked in
on the Zope 3 head that caused tests to fail.  Of coursee, this happened
during a sprint. :( (The people who checked in the changes that broke tests
were not the sprinters.)

We don't really *need* to go fast with Zope 3.  We need to take our time,
write good code, and follow the rules.

Ironically, going fast usually makes things go slow.  When tests fail,
prople trying to check things in are blocked.  When we write code in
a hurry, someone inevitably has to rewrite it later, usually after pulling
their hair out trying to understand it first.

Slow down.  Relax.  Be excellent. :)