[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Developers Cookbook [progress update]

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey at cuemedia.com
Tue Dec 16 16:17:29 EST 2003

On Dec 14, 2003, at 2:48 PM, Stephan Richter wrote:

> On Sunday 14 December 2003 08:44, corey_s at cox.net wrote:
>> Anyone else think a tarball of the cookbook, for convenient offline
>> reading, would be useful to folks? Preferably something that gets
>> updated
>> whenever the online version does.
>
> Yes, this is another strong argument for moving to another source form
> of the
> cookbook. While I have all recipes locally in STX files, they are
> unusable,
> since they are not linked together as a book. Having LaTeX sources
> would make
> this an easy task, since all I would need to do is to regularly
> compile the
> book (which takes less than 10 seconds). The resulting PDF would come
> with a
> real table of contents and an index. Very handy.
>
>> If I can be of any help, I'd happily volunteer assisting or taking
>> responsibility.
>
> Thanks. If we would decide to go forward and convert the book to
> LaTeX, then I
> would need some help with the latex2stx converter. Would you be
> willing to
> help with this task?

What about reStructuredText?  It has a LaTeX output option...  I think.
  In any case, it has a fair amount of output options, and I find it's
really quite decent for technical documentation.

The only place that it fell apart when last I used it was for managing
book length documentation over multiple files, although for my end user
documentation (largest being seven chapters of varying sizes) it did
alright.

--
JPS