[Zope3-dev] Containment constraints

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Tue Dec 23 15:18:01 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:57:48PM +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:
| The containment constraints are yummy. Just one thing I am concerned
| about is that the current implementation (__setitem__.precondition on an
| Interface) may lead to a lot of dead chickens. I seem to be ending up
| with a lot of interfaces that only subclass IContainer and set
| preconditions. Add to that the class implementation and ZCML one has to
| write for each interface and the dead chickens start to smell.
|
| Should I just get used to it or am I missing some zen.

I'm almost sure you can use a 'smarter' precondition that would be
reusable over all your folderish content. And also, that you may not
need to write an interface for each folderish object, unless you need
a marker interface for attaching a view, in which case I think you can
just register a view for a class now.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

The less time planning, the more time programming.