[Zope3-dev] service names

Marius Gedminas mgedmin@codeworks.lt
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:25:53 +0200

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:05:08PM +0200, Steve Alexander wrote:
>   What is currently Events should become Publication.
>
> Any opinions from the rest of zope3-dev ?

I'm +1 on EventPublication.

One more thing: I'd like to see service names spelled identically in all
places.  E.g. in servicenames.py I now see

  ErrorReports = 'ErrorReportingService'
  ResourceService = 'Resources'

I think that the constant's value should match its name, so if
ErrorReports is renamed to ErrorCollection, I'd like to see

  ErrorCollection = 'ErrorCollection'

as opposed to

  ErrorCollection = 'ErrorReportingService'

Rationale: less confusion, and it's easier to replace
getService(context, 'Foo') to getService(context, Foo) than
to getService(context, Bar).

Marius Gedminas
--
Codeworks is available for Zope consulting -- http://www.codeworks.lt/