[Zope3-dev] service names

sean.bowman@acm.org sean.bowman@acm.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:25:07 -0600 (CST)

hello,

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Gary Poster wrote:

> I think there are also some Events changes coming.  It would be nice
> ifthey could all happen at once, I'd think.

I'm planning on doing all this, probably later today.  Specifically, I'm
going to put the following in src/zope/component/servicenames.py:

Adapters = 'Adapters'
Interfaces = 'Interfaces'
Utilities = 'Utilities'
Skins = 'Skins'
Views = 'Views'
Resources = 'Resources'
Factories = 'Factories'

(note ResourceService -> Resources, Steve voiced his opinion at
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2003-February/005430.html)

and these in src/zope/app/component/servicenames.py:

HubIds = 'HubIds'
EventPublication = 'Events'
EventSubscription = 'Subscription'
ErrorCollection = 'ErrorReportingService'
Roles = 'Roles'
Permissions = 'Permissions'
Authentication = 'Authentication'

(note Events -> EventPublication, Subscription -> EventSubscription, and
ErrorReports -> ErrorCollection)

The reason I didn't change the associated strings to match new names is
that I didn't want existing services to suddenly be inaccessible.  I'll be
happy to change them if people want this, I just didn't think it was too
important.

Sean