[Zope3-dev] service names

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 14:37:19 -0700

On Tuesday, February 11, 2003, at 12:07  PM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Gary Poster wrote:
>> Steve and I were talking about the overlap between "event as calendar
>> event" and "event as system signal event", and thus the possibility
>> of SignalPublication and SignalSubscription.  I'd personally prefer
>> to wait for his discussion or for Jim's proclamation.
>
> Hmm, I like "event" much better, FWIW.  The potential for clash with
> "calendar events" seems higher in GUI-land, yet all GUI toolkits
> continue to use the word "event".  Unix culture thinks of signals as
> extremely minimal information--single bits with no queue, in fact.
> Events are much more than that.

Even beyond GUI toolkits, Events tend to be big players in any decently
sized component or distributed object architecture.

>> I don't mind ErrorCollection much, but prefer ErrorReports fwiw.
>
> +1

+1 here too, since it's an error reporting service.  An Error
Collection sounds like either a place where exceptions/errors can be
defined for detection by other components, or a place where errors
collect with frozen state to be retried or more deeply introspected
than the traceback viewing in Stackful Python allows :).