[Zope3-dev] service names

Gary Poster gary@modernsongs.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:46:40 -0500

OK, I buy it.  "ErrorReporting" has all the things I prefer over
"ErrorCollection" anyway, so I'm

+1 for "ErrorReporting"

since it seems to fit your very reasonable consistency suggestions and
it conveys more of its purpose to me than the alternative.

Your naming convention suggestions also seem like a reasonable thing to
put in the wiki.

Which reminds me (here I go muddying the email waters, mixing
issues...): I think it might be a good idea to but stylistic convention
guides in the source tree in README files, similar to the README in
src/zope that describes the difference between zope and zope/app.
Putting in a description of this convention into
zope/app/services/README.txt, for instance, seems like a good idea.
People looking at the source and considering contributing might forget
to look at the wiki.  The wiki style suggestions are pretty big now too,
so putting them in an actual set of documents (even CODING_STYLE.txt?)
might be good.  Thoughts?

Gary