[Zope3-dev] PythonScript in Zope3?

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:23:04 +0100

At 20:42 16/02/2003, Barry Pederson wrote:
>I was wondering what's the story with PythonScripts in Zope3...is that
>something that just hasn't been done yet, or is it not part of the plan at all?
>
>I've been looking through the wiki [a twisty maze of unfinished or stale
>outlines :( ], but only ran across one offhand mention in a use-case.
>Otherwise, it's as if the whole idea of a PythonScript does not appear in
>the Zope3 universe
>
>Would maybe be worth at least a FAQ entry in the wiki
>
>   http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/FAQ
>
>(Will Zope 3X support PythonScripts?...Will Zope 3 support PythonScripts?)
>
>     Barry

As I have seen no answer to your question, I'll try to answer.

Zope 3 won't have Python Scripts...

but will have something better : persistent Python Modules...

with full fledged classes for example.

They have to be instantiated in what is currently called the Service
Manager (which will be renamed Site Manager - or Site Manangement). This is
the place where software (ie logic) is supposed to be, opposed to content
space which is represented by the navigation tree in the current GUI.

Please others, correct me where I am wrong.

--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl
rue Victor Horta, 18 / 202