[Zope3-dev] DISCUSS: Correct sequence for PUT

Tim Peters tim@zope.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:44:08 -0500

[Paul Everitt, on SHane's tcpwatch]
> Indeed.  The tkinter version launched perfectly on Win98.  Everything
> works really well, except I have to remember not to close it from the
> tkinter window (which hangs the app until a windows reboot!).  I close
> it from the command line that launched it w/ a cntrl-c.

Possibly relevant:  the oldest bug still open in Python's tracker has to do
with Tk apps on Win9x hanging and freezing and creating unkillable DOS boxes
(etc) when you exit them.  This is known to be a Win9x bug in Tcl/Tk, and
Python inherits it.  Last I saw, the Tk folks still hadn't figured it out,
although they often thought they had:

    http://www.python.org/sf/216289

If it is relevant, there's a simple workaround:  launch Tk apps with
pythonw.exe on Win9x instead of with python.exe (or, alternatively, if you
launch the Python file via clicking on it, give the Python file a .pyw
extension instead of a .py extension).