[Zope3-dev] Re: DISCUSS: Correct sequence for PUT

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:04:14 -0600

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> It's a shame that tcpwatch isn't well known outside the Zope community.
>   The advantage over tools like tcpdump and ethereal is that it doesn't
> require Unix, doesn't require special support from the kernel, and it
> doesn't require root privileges.  Its function is simple but it does its
> little job well, I think.

You think rightly :-)  I've used it several times to diagnose failed
logins to my POP3 server.  The server doesn't provide any way to log its
interactions, so I just inserted tcpwatch into the loop and was
immediately able to see the username and password being used.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am