[Zope3-dev] Possible Jargon change wrt the things accesses via tabs in the UI

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:22:09 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 02:21:33PM -0500, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> Luciano Ramalho writes:
>  > 'web view' would also make sense.
>
> I think they're all web views.

that was my thought too. What in the ZMI is NOT a "web view"?

>  > I like 'aspect' or 'facet'.
>  > I like these two definitions for 'facet' (from dictionary.com):
>  >
>  > - One of numerous aspects, as of a subject
>  > - One of the numerous small eyes which make up the compound eyes of
>  > insects and crustaceans ;)
>
> Yes, these are nice as well.  Perhaps a little more abstract; I'm
> unsure whether that's good or bad.

these are pretty nice but they add to the amount of jargon
a zope user must learn.

i like "tab view" - not as elegant, but much more mnemonic.