Better access to APIs in paths (was Re: [Zope3-dev] needing views clues - template/title troubles)

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:00:39 -0500

Stuart Bishop wrote:
> On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 01:23  AM, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>   context/++view++foo
>>   context/@@foo
>>   context/++api++title
>>   context//title
>>   context/++/title
>>
>> Thoughts?
>

> For ZPT (which I think deserves a special case because of its target
> audience):
>     <h1 tal:content="dc:context/title"/>
> or for a shortcut to the most common case, just
>     <h1 tal:content="dc:title"/>

I want to spell it like this:

                       zope http://namespaces.zope.org/zope">
<head>...</head>

This would be pretty much the perfect syntax IMHO.  The use of a colon
in the middle of a path expression is not a problem, since the slash
before the namespace qualifier distinguishes the expression as a path
expression.

It would align well with W3C conventions, at the same time giving us
terse, clean representations of very common operations.

What do others think?

Shane